|Careers with Africa Online|
Join the Team
Africa Online is a Pan African integrated information and communications (ICT) solutions provider offering a wide range of products and services to suit a variety of customer needs. We are positioned to provide both individuals and organizations alike with scalable solutions based on each client’s specific needs. To stay ahead, we depend on our team of peerless professionals in all fields.
We now wish to enhance our Kenya (Nairobi) Office talents by filling the following vacancies:
CORPORATE SALES ACCOUNT MANAGERS
Reporting to the Sales & Marketing manager, the purpose of the role is business development and developing and managing long‐term customer relationships, ensuring continued growth in revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction within the selected accounts as well as positioning Africa Online as preferred partner.
Key responsibilities will include:
1. Responsible for building and managing relationship/partnership with targeted Key Accounts
2. Participating in defining our corporate sales strategy and representing Africa Online to the customer
3. Identify, initiate and pursue strategic contacts within Key Accounts, developing a network of key decision makers at strategic and operational level
4. Sell Africa Online products / services / solutions portfolio, lead negotiations of contracts, follow up on project implementations
5. Monitor and optimize revenue/margin/contribution in line with approved Key Account business plans
6. Establish excellent communication at all levels in the decision centres of the Key Account to gather all key information relative to Key Account needs, structure and development potential.
7. Continually identify new business opportunities within our Key Accounts
8. Seek out opportunities within account to grow share and visibility
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• A relevant undergraduate degree
• A professional qualification in sales – CIM or equivalent
• At least 6 years experience with a minimum of 3 years in a similar capacity preferably in an ICT industry
• A member of a relevant marketing body
• Basic understanding of the Internet Infrastructure
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Good negotiation and persuasion skills.
• Creative problem solver with strong problem analysis, judgment and decision making
• Ability to plan activities, meet assigned schedules and achieve planned targets/objectives.
• Must work well in a team environment.
• Enthusiastic, self‐motivated, ‘can do' attitude – very goal orientated.
• Self starter and ability to work under minimum supervision